Nagaland Civilians Killing: Army Chief Says “Appropriate Action” Will Be Taken

DY365
DY365
Published: January 12,2022 02:53 PM
DY365

Story highlights

Army Chief General MM Naravane said "appropriate action" will be taken against troops involved in the killing of 14 civilians during an operation that went horrifically wrong in Nagaland.

January 12, 2022: Army Chief General MM Naravane said "appropriate action" will be taken against troops involved in the killing of 14 civilians during an operation that went horrifically wrong in Nagaland’s Mon district last month.



"Appropriate and corrective action will be taken based on the outcome of the investigation," General Naravane said during his annual press conference on Wednesday in New Delhi.



“The regrettable incident that occurred in Oting, Nagaland on Dec 4 is being thoroughly investigated. We remain committed to the security of our countrymen, even during the conduct of operations,” the Army Chief said.