Zubeen attack case: Accused still out of police net

August 14, 2020: There has been no headway in the alleged attack case on artist Zubeen Garg, Even after more than 24 hours, none of the accused have been nabbed so far.

DY365
DY365

August 14, 2020:  There has been no headway in the alleged attack case on artist Zubeen Garg, Even after more than 24 hours, none of the accused have been nabbed so far.

Guwahati Police Commissioner MP Gupta told reporters that all 5 accused in the case including main accused Hirakjyoti Rajbongshi have been traceless since Thursday. However, he said that all of them have been identified and operation to nab them.

The artist had on Wednesday night alleged that some youths had stopped his vehicle near Ganesh Mandir area and verbally abused him. Garg, in his FIR to the Dispur Police Station mentioned the all the youths were in an inebriated condition and they fled from the scene when a police van reached the spot. The incident has been condemned by many people including health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sharma.

 

Related Links